Committees of the 5th District Republican Committee
Explanation of Committees
There are various ongoing Committees in the 5th District Republican Committee, which report to the 5th District Republican Committee. Finance is the one standing committee; the rest are special committees. Membership in these Committees is open to any person who is a member of a unit within the 5th District. Membership in these Committees does not convey voting privileges in the 5th District Republican Committee.
Committees in the 5th District Republican Committee
- Purpose - To come up with a budget, and allocate how Committee funds are handled.
- Chairman - Lynn Tucker
- Members - All members of the 5th District Committee serve on the Finance Committee, so all members have a say in how funds are raised and spent.
- Purpose - To organize and staff new events, and consolidate and distribute information on scheduled regional events.
- Chairman - Mike Hankins
- Member - Tinker Burkhardt
Website & Social Media Committee
- Purpose - To maintain the 5th District Committee's website & promote its units' online & social media presence.
- Chairman - Connie Stevens
- Member - Ed Yensho
- Purpose - To ensure issues relevant to the 5th District are identified and talking points are developed to address them; would likely work closely with Congressman Tom Garrett.
- Chairman - Ed Yensho
- Purpose - Seeks input for any desired changes to our committee's bylaws. After consolidation, review, and research, provides an opinion to the full committee on whether to vote FOR or AGAINST the proposed changes.
- Chairman - Renee Maxey